Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Need measurement for Altec 817 cabinet.

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member rghinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am starting to build 3 of the Altec 817 cabinets for the front speakers for my home theatre. The plans that I have are a little unclear as to the width of the opening of the ports. Does anyone have any of these cabinets that could get me this measurement for me. I am also assuming that the width of the opening for the speakers is 8 inches. I would also like that verification. Thanks much. Reed

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member rghinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just realized that I also do not know the thickness of the horn material. I assume that it is 3/8" like the A7 but I am not sure. Does anyone know. Thanks. Reed

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Jim Easley's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Reed,
    I emailed you moments ago.
    Jim

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.